Human Centered Design/ User Experience Researcher
Animal Ventures is a small elite team of entrepreneurs, technology thought leaders, and developers working at the intersection of Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain Technology, Industrial Internet of Things, and Additive Manufacturing. We work with Fortune 500 Companies and Government entities interested in educating senior executives on emergent technologies and leveraging our proprietary and lean prototyping processes to build and deploy minimum viable products for internal and external stakeholders.
AV is a small firm that values its slow and purposeful style of existence --our Animal Lifestyle. We believe in project-based entrepreneurship, relentless learning, exploration, and ideation. We are pioneering a new kind of operational model rooted in our own process of Sprint, Rest, Reflect, Fine Tune, and Sprint again. We are innovators and technology geeks to the core, and startup entrepreneurs through and through. We are frequently working on our own internal startups as spin-out opportunities beyond the scope of AV's traditional product and service lines. We partner with the best and deploy our most talented assets towards opportunities in something we call "The Decentralized Economy."
We are looking for a highly organized and motivated individual with exceptional time management skills to serve as a Human Centered Design/ User Experience Researcher contractor for a number of complex client-related projects. The Human Centered Design/ User Experience Researcher is responsible for leading all user research activities associated with prototypes.
This role will requires a Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of experience in the field. Candidates should have experience with and be comfortable working as part of a dispersed team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers;
- Collect data as needed and consolidate information into actionable items, reports; and presentations;
- Understand business objectives and design research methodologies (field visits, surveys, and interviews) as discovery method;
- Analyze qualitative data
- Compile and analyze statistical data;
- Interpret data, formulate reports, and make recommendations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree;
- Proven work experience as a Human Centered Design/ User Experience Researcher;
- Familiarity with Jobs To Be Done (JTBD) research methodologies
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task;
- Excellent knowledge of user session recording platforms (usertesting.com, lookback, userinterviews.com, etc)
- Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar);
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc);
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modelling and mining
- Recent and thorough experience in the high-tech industry; experience in the PC industry is highly desirable;
- Proactive and execution-oriented with deep skills in problem solving;
- Skilled in developing and sustaining positive interpersonal relationships;
- A track record of creativity and innovation in solutions;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Excellent communication and team management skills;
- Action and results-oriented with the ability to make decisions quickly;
- High level of proficiency in MS office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and in data manipulation, analysis and presentation, Google Docs, Keynote, and other cutting edge digital tools.