Blockchain Software Development Engineer
Animal Ventures is a small elite team of entrepreneurs, technology thought leaders, and developers working at the intersection of Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain Technology, Industrial Internet of Things, and Additive Manufacturing. We work with Fortune 500 Companies and Government entities interested in educating senior executives on emergent technologies and leveraging our proprietary and lean prototyping processes to build and deploy minimum viable products for internal and external stakeholders.
AV is a small firm that values its slow and purposeful style of existence --our Animal Lifestyle. We believe in project-based entrepreneurship, relentless learning, exploration, and ideation. We are pioneering a new kind of operational model rooted in our own process of Sprint, Rest, Reflect, Fine Tune, and Sprint again. We are innovators and technology geeks to the core, and startup entrepreneurs through and through. We are frequently working on our own internal startups as spin-out opportunities beyond the scope of AV's traditional product and service lines. We partner with the best and deploy our most talented assets towards opportunities in something we call "The Decentralized Economy."
We are looking for a highly organized and motivated individual with exceptional time management skills to serve as a Blockchain Software Development Engineer contractor for a number of complex client-related projects. The Blockchain Software Development Engineer is responsible for developing smart contracts, their deployment mechanisms, and creating private Ethereum networks.
This role will requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering field, at least 7 years of development experience, and 1 year experience with Ethereum dapp development. Candidates should have experience with and be comfortable working as part of a dispersed team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Determine blockchain development requirements as well as level of effort on a per-project basis;
- Work with team to propose solutions to meet the project requirements;
- Design and implement unique software to support project work;
- Build systems to within a continuous integration environment;
- Propose and maintain good security standards and best practice;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must currently be eligible to work in the United States;
- Undergraduate degree;
- At least 7 years experience as a developer;
- At least 1 year experience using Node.js;
- Has at least 1 year experience with Ethereum dapp development using Solidity;
- Candidate will ideally be experienced with:
- Consensus algorithms;
- Ethereum JSON-RPC standards.
- Candidate will ideally be knowledgeable about the following:
- Ethereum EIP process and conventional ERC standards being used;
- Scalability limits and their proposed solutions, such as sharding and plasma chains;
- Alternate smart contract languages, such as LLL or Vyper;
- Cryptography methods such as zero-knowledge proofs;
- Some front end development tools using Node.js.
- Proven work experience developing smart contracts using Solidity;
- Recent and thorough experience in the high-tech industry; experience in the PC industry is highly desirable;
- Proactive and execution-oriented with deep skills in problem solving;
- Skilled in developing and sustaining positive interpersonal relationships;
- A track record of creativity and innovation in solutions;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Excellent communication and team management skills;
- Action and results-oriented with the ability to make decisions quickly;
- High level of proficiency in MS office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and in data manipulation, analysis and presentation, Google Docs, Keynote, and other cutting edge digital tools.