Animal Ventures is a small elite team of entrepreneurs, technology thought leaders, and developers working at the intersection of Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain Technology, Industrial Internet of Things, and Additive Manufacturing. We work with Fortune 500 Companies and Government entities interested in educating senior executives on emergent technologies and leveraging our proprietary and lean prototyping processes to build and deploy minimum viable products for internal and external stakeholders.
AV is a small firm that values its slow and purposeful style of existence --our Animal Lifestyle. We believe in project-based entrepreneurship, relentless learning, exploration, and ideation. We are pioneering a new kind of operational model rooted in our own process of Sprint, Rest, Reflect, Fine Tune, and Sprint again. We are innovators and technology geeks to the core, and startup entrepreneurs through and through. We are frequently working on our own internal startups as spin-out opportunities beyond the scope of AV's traditional product and service lines. We partner with the best and deploy our most talented assets towards opportunities in something we call "The Decentralized Economy."
We are looking for a highly organized, experienced, and motivated individual with exceptional time management skills to serve as a Research Editor contractor for a number of upcoming research papers. The Research Editor is responsible for overseeing all aspects of a portfolio of research papers, including project management and staff oversight, and will report to the Managing Partner. The Research Editor will lead the overall vision of the papers and will manage a team of subject matter experts to write the key strategies, descriptions of technical roadmaps, frameworks, models, security, logic, data, models, and figures in the papers.
This role will requires a Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years of experience in the field. Candidates should have experience with and be comfortable working as part of a dispersed team. The candidate must be able to lead and direct the work of others.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide end-to-end project management of each research paper;
- Plan and approve research and writing assignments for team members;
- Identify gaps in team and suggest solutions;
- Plan an control schedules and enforce deadlines (for researchers, writers, designers etc.);
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary;
- Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone;
- Lead and direct the work of others;
- Communicate with the team and ensure all members are on board with delegated tasks;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism or relevant field;
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing;
- Proficiency in English;
- Proven abilities and experience in planning and coordinating people and research projects;
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills;
- Reliability and efficiency;
- Attention to detail;
- Proven work experience as a Research Editor, preferably in an academic environment;
- Recent and thorough experience in the high-tech industry; experience in the PC industry is highly desirable;
- Proactive and execution-oriented with deep skills in problem solving;
- Skilled in developing and sustaining positive interpersonal relationships;
- A track record of creativity and innovation in solutions;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Excellent communication and team management skills;
- Action and results-oriented with the ability to make decisions quickly;
- High level of proficiency in MS office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and in data manipulation, analysis and presentation, Google Docs, Keynote, and other cutting edge digital tools.