Animal Ventures is a small elite team of entrepreneurs, technology thought leaders, and developers working at the intersection of Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain Technology, Industrial Internet of Things, and Additive Manufacturing. We work with Fortune 500 Companies and Government entities interested in educating senior executives on emergent technologies and leveraging our proprietary and lean prototyping processes to build and deploy minimum viable products for internal and external stakeholders.
AV is a small firm that values its slow and purposeful style of existence --our Animal Lifestyle. We believe in project-based entrepreneurship, relentless learning, exploration, and ideation. We are pioneering a new kind of operational model rooted in our own process of Sprint, Rest, Reflect, Fine Tune, and Sprint again. We are innovators and technology geeks to the core, and startup entrepreneurs through and through. We are frequently working on our own internal startups as spin-out opportunities beyond the scope of AV's traditional product and service lines. We partner with the best and deploy our most talented assets towards opportunities in something we call "The Decentralized Economy."
We are looking for a highly organized and motivated individual with exceptional time management skills to serve as a Applied Mathematician contractor for a number of complex client-related projects. The Applied Mathematician will lead research topics regarding the mathematical models behind the concept of a product’s integrity score, and is responsible for contributing to team output by providing expertise and the application of mathematical techniques to projects as needed.
This role will require a PhD with at least 10 years of experience in the field. Candidates should have experience with and be comfortable working as part of a dispersed team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop computational methods for solving problems that arise during the course of projects;
- Determine appropriate methods for data analysis, develop mathematical or statistical models to be used for analysis, and analyze data to identify trends or relationships among variables;
- Assemble sets of assumptions and explore the consequences of each set;
- Prepare analytical reports and be able to clearly present research results to others;
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD, preferably in mathematics or related field;
- Proven work experience as an Applied Mathematician;
- Exceptional analytical skills;
- Recent and thorough experience in the high-tech industry; experience in the PC industry is highly desirable;
- Proactive and execution-oriented with deep skills in problem solving;
- Skilled in developing and sustaining positive interpersonal relationships;
- A track record of creativity and innovation in solutions;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Excellent communication and team management skills;
- Action and results-oriented with the ability to make decisions quickly;
- High level of proficiency in MS office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and in data manipulation, analysis and presentation, Google Docs, Keynote, and other cutting edge digital tools.