Animal Ventures is a small elite team of entrepreneurs, technology thought leaders, and developers working at the intersection of Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain Technology, Industrial Internet of Things, and Additive Manufacturing. We work with Fortune 500 Companies and Government entities interested in educating senior executives on emergent technologies and leveraging our proprietary and lean prototyping processes to build and deploy minimum viable products for internal and external stakeholders.
AV is a small firm that values its slow and purposeful style of existence --our Animal Lifestyle. We believe in project-based entrepreneurship, relentless learning, exploration, and ideation. We are pioneering a new kind of operational model rooted in our own process of Sprint, Rest, Reflect, Fine Tune, and Sprint again. We are innovators and technology geeks to the core, and startup entrepreneurs through and through. We are frequently working on our own internal startups as spin-out opportunities beyond the scope of AV's traditional product and service lines. We partner with the best and deploy our most talented assets towards opportunities in something we call "The Decentralized Economy."
We are looking for a highly organized, methodical, and motivated individual with exceptional time management skills to serve as Project Manager contractor for a number of complex client-related sprints. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing solutions within quality, time, and budget requirements by setting milestones for each project, coordinating efforts between and amongst team members, and communicating project status internally and externally.
This role will requires a Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years of experience in the field. Candidates should demonstrate expertise in a variety of project management concepts, practices, and procedures and have experience managing the work of a dispersed team. The candidate must be able to lead and direct the work of others.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide end-to-end project management;
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to gain consensus on deliverables, leading to the flawless execution of projects;
- Lead and direct the work of others;
- Communicate with the team and ensure all members are on board with delegated tasks;
- Contribute to scoping of project requirements;
- Develop a detailed project plan and monitor project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques;
- Develop and deliver regular progress reports to a variety of stakeholders;
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs;
- Deliver projects on time ensuring quality standards are met;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation;
- Highlight potential risks or malfunctions and act proactively to resolve issues, and report and escalate to management as needed;
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans;
- Collaboratively adapt existing and develop new project plans, processes, and communication standards, and seek opportunities for improvement;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree;
- Solid technical background with experience preferred in product management and software applications;
- Proven work experience as a Project Manager;
- Familiarity and experience with a variety of project management methodologies and project management software;
- Demonstrated team/project and program leadership success;
- Recent and thorough experience in the high-tech industry; experience in the PC industry is highly desirable;
- Proactive and execution-oriented with deep skills in problem solving;
- Skilled in developing and sustaining positive interpersonal relationships;
- A track record of creativity and innovation in solutions;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Excellent communication and team management skills;
- Action and results-oriented with the ability to make decisions quickly;
- High level of proficiency in MS office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and in data manipulation, analysis and presentation, Google Docs, Keynote, and other cutting edge digital tools.